Juicy, healthy and super easy recipe with the seasonal fresh ingredient, Squash. Make it for your family, children, friends or just yourself, delicious and healthy sweet.
Makes 6 Braids
1 (900g) Butternut Squash
1 Cup Sugar
Puff Pastry (17x12cm/1Braid)
2 Beaten Egg
1/2 Cup Pecan
1/3 Icing Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6
2. Cut a butternut squash in half and bake in the oven, heated 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
3. Take butternut squash out and peel those entirely.
4. Add 1 cup of sugar to the peeled squash and mix and mash thoroughly.
5. Cut a pastry sheet (34x24cm) in a half to make one braid.
6. Spread 3tbsp of the squash on the centered third.
7. Starting at one end, fold the pastry strips over the squash mixture, alternating sides until mixture is completely covered.
8. Repeat for the rest of puff pastry
9. Brush the beaten eggs and put the pecans on the top of the braids and bake for 15minuites in the oven, heated to 220°C/400°F
10. Let cool for 5 minutes and sprinkle the icing sugar.
11. Enjoy the juicy squash braids!
Shop the Ingredients